Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Meal Planning Monday 2018 Week 19

The bank holiday today was the hottest on record for that particular holiday and I had a fun day visiting my husband's brother and his family with our baby - she got to meet dogs for the first time! I ran out of time to do my meal plan so assumed I would do it another day but find myself sitting here at half past midnight waiting for our bedroom to cool down.... it was 28 C at 10pm and is now still nearly 26, which in my opinion is far too hot for a newborn. So baby S is asleep in her moses basket in the much cooler living room, and I plan to give it until about 1am to see if our bedroom temperature is any better then give up and sleep downstairs in the armchair!

My meal plan for the weekend just gone changed as the weather was so hot and we barbecued on Saturday, Sunday and Monday night!


Monday - bank holiday
Lunch homemade sausage and egg McMuffins
Dinner barbecue - sausages and steak

Tuesday
chicken, bacon and leek cottage pie from this recipe

Wednesday
vegetarian spaghetti Bolognese for me, meatball and pasta for him

Thursday
seafood risotto for me, chicken chargrills for him

Friday
something with chips from the freezer

Saturday
Lunch toasted ham and cheese sandwiches with mozzarella
Dinner Mexican chicken traybake from this recipe

Sunday
Lunch breakfast burritos I didn't do last week
Dinner toad in the hole or sausage casserole based on this recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment