Thursday, September 5, 2013

Loming Batangas, Lomi Batangas Style


Loming Batangas, Lomi Batangas Style

Loming Batangas, Lomi Batangas Style. I have been planning to cook loming Batangas for a while now. It was very difficult because I am overseas and I do not have the right ingredients. However I finally have a go using ingredients which I used in my previous lomi recipes. Click the link below to see the recipes of my previous lomi post in the archives.

Lomi with Patola
Lomi, Hokkien Noodles Lomi Style
Seafood Lomi
Special Lomi
Pansit Lomi


Loming Batangas


For the noodles I used fresh Hokien noodles in plastic pack, these are readily available in most supermarkets here. Instead of boiled quail egg I used regular chicken egg. I did not have also the fish balls or meat balls but it will do without them, if you happen to have them just fry them then add them on the last minute of cooking or add them as garnish. I did not have also the kikiam instead I used Chinese sausage plus a few dash of Chinese five spice as an alternate ingredients. The great thing is the dish turned out great. I was too excited I forgot to take a photograph of the dish served with the garnish and dipping sauce. Here is the recipe of my version of Loming Batangas, Lomi Batangas Style.


Lomi Batangas Style


Ingredients:

1 kilo fresh thick egg noodle or miki noodles (I used Hokien noodles)
1/2 kilo liver, sliced into 1/2” thick
1/2 kilo pork, cut into thin slices or strips
2-3 Chinese sausage, sliced crosswise diagonally (use kikiam if available)
1/2 head garlic
1 medium size onion chopped
1/2 cup cornstarch
6 hardboiled eggs, shelled
6 eggs, beaten
1-2 tbsp. sugar
chicharon baboy, pork crackling
fried garlic garnish
Chinese five spice powder
salt and pepper
cooking oil


Hokien noodles


Cooking procedure:

Wash, rinse and pat dry the pork liver, season with salt, in a frying pan heat generous amount of cooking oil until it start to smoke. Fry the pork liver in batches for 1 to 2 minutes each side, keep aside, when ready to use slice thinly. Now wash and soak the egg noodles with warm water for about 3 to 5 minutes, rinse and drain, keep aside.


Loming Batangas, Lomi Batangas Style

I a large saucepan sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant then stir in the Chinese sausage, stir-cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the pork and continue to stir-cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add a few dash of the Chinese five spice, about 2 to 3 pinch. Stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add in about 2 to 3 liters of water or half full of the sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, remove scam that float out. Add in the egg noodles and continue to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft but firm, add more water as necessary. Correct saltiness if required. Thicken sauce with the cornstarch dissolved in 1/3 of water, stir cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. At this time add in the whole hard boiled eggs, alternately the egg can be added sliced as garnish when served. Add in the sliced fried pork liver or alternately serve as garnish. Pour in the beaten egg while slowly stirring the noodles, cook for another minute. Serve immediately while steaming hot, garnish with fried garlic and chicharon baboy. Serve also with soy sauce and chopped onion and kalamansi or lemon.





Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment