Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Restaurant Review - Bill's, Wimbledon

Restaurant name Bill's

Location Wimbledon

Description Restaurant that seems to be a jack of all trades - it does breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea, the menu ranges from burgers to fish pie to mezze. Really popular with locals.

Reason for visit The hen night of my boyfriend's cousin

I ate Piri piri chicken followed by lemon meringue pie cheesecake

My companions ate The burger was a popular choice and so was the halloumi burger with the vegetarians










Lemon meringue cheesecake


The food was The others really liked their food; some of them had been here many times and I got the impression it was one of their favourite restaurants in the area. My piri piri chicken was very dry though and would have been nicer served with some kind of sauce. The dessert more than made up for it; a lemon cheesecake with meringue topping, served in a glass. Worth coming for that alone!

The service/atmosphere was Good, it was busy as we were there on a Saturday night and we were a fairly big group but we had plenty of space and attentive service

Price range/value for money Quite good from what I recall

Would I recommend it I wasn't especially impressed and wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again.


0 comments:

Post a Comment